It’s 2018! The new year is here and that means it is time for all those New Year’s resolutions. Most people make personal resolutions, but do you make resolutions about your work? One of the most popular work-related resolutions is to work more efficiently and make work easier.
If you are a marketer, that is exactly what will happen if you take advantage of some of these social media marketing apps that are designed to help you work efficiently and make things much easier for you. Take a look at our list of 10 innovative social media marketing apps and tools that will be great for organizing your business goals in the new year.
- Fontjoy: First on our list is this website that is actually a tool. For most marketers who specialize in social media, design isn’t at the top of the skills list. Fontjoy helps solve some of that problem and eliminates the need to get the design team involved in some projects. It allows you to discover complementary fonts for different design projects. It shows sample texts so that you can see what you want when making infographics, images, memes, and more.
- Character Count Online: This is another website tool that helps social media marketers in several ways. It helps you structure your posts to fit into each social media platform’s character limit. However, it has another feature which tells you how many times you have used a word or phrase. Character Count Online is a free tool and will help you reach word counts and make sure that you haven’t used your keywords too often or not enough.
- Display Purposes: If you use Instagram and don’t like that you can create that blank space before the hashtags, this is the online tool for you. It allows you to create and then copy and paste the Instagram posts for you with the spaces before the hashtags.
- Platograph: This is an app that helps you create fun animated images. The app creates animated GIFs, animated PNGs, or creates a looping video after adding magical effects to your images. You will look like a pro graphics master with this app that costs $4.99 or there is a free web version available.
- Hemingway Editor: This browser plugin or desktop app is a great way to elevate your writing skills. If part of your social media tasks includes blogging, writing emails, or other content writing, then this will help you learn to become a better writer. It gives you a graded assessment and lets you know where you can restructure sentences and edit grammar; it also helps you with word choices as you write. The browser version is free and the desktop app is $19.99, it is compatible with Windows or Mac. The paid version exports text directly to WordPress or Medium.
- Anchor Video: If you want to be able to create those professional videos with animated transcripts, Anchor Video is a free tool that makes it possible. It allows you to create, record, and share videos with preset color schemes that will change color in time with the audio. Each clip you create is limited to five minutes, which is plenty long of social media and even web applications to help you get the job done quickly and easily.
- Advanced Facebook Search (AFS): Have you spent/wasted a great deal of time looking for something or someone on Facebook? This search tool is a free Google Chrome plugin that saves you time when looking for a page, person, or videos that a person likes.
- Trello: If you already use Trello, you will be pleased to know that they have added a desktop version compatible with Windows or Mac. The desktop app provides a better experience. If you aren’t already using Trello, you will quickly realize that this tool will help you with your to-do list and helps coordinate with the team.
- AnyImage: This is a browser-based tool that helps you post images to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. This even works if you don’t have access to your website’s back end but still allows you to post images as social cards. It gives you a preview of the social card so that you can see how it will look on the platform before posting it. That saves time and eliminates the chances you might have to post something and then delete it if it doesn’t work.
- Magisto: This is a very hip video editing tool that uses artificial intelligence to sync video to music and apply and editing style. With how important video is, it is vital that you have tools in your arsenal to make them pop and garner the attention you need them to. This is an app for Android and iOS that has free features and also paid versions available that vary in cost depending on the number of clips per month and length of them, etc.