When you invest in promotional products, you want to make the most of them. Why just use them as giveaways at a trade shows and events? When promotional products do such a good job advertising your business, you should use them more often. Today we have 5 ways to promote your promotional products.
- Promote your promotional products on your website. There is no reason why you can’t offer your branded giveaways on your website. Don’t wait for the next in-person event. This is the perfect opportunity to advertise something for free on your website. Examples include:
- Free gift with minimum purchase.
- Free gift for signing up for our mailing list.
- Free gift for answering a survey about our products and services.
- Put a landing page URL on your promotional products. One of the things we always hear about promotional product metrics is that it is hard to attribute sales to them. The way to help solve this issue is to put a unique landing page URL on your promotional products. Once recipients visit your website using that URL, you can instantly begin tracking them and attributing sales and actions to those website visitors. Depending on how you want to segment recipients, you can use different URLs and then add different offers based on segments including industry, geographics, or demographics.
- Hand out your promotional product in your store locations. If you have stores, you shouldn’t reserve your promotional products for special events, hand them out daily. Just like the website promotion idea, it can be a free gift with a minimum purchase to boost average sales totals. You can also give them away in exchange for signing up for your newsletter or filling out a form with their information that you collect to remarket to. There are ways that you can tweak this idea to fit your business.
- Hand out goodie bags. Depending on your business, you can promote your business locally by creating a promotional goodie bag that includes your promotional product, a brochure, or information about your business, a business card, and maybe a coupon. Take these with you and hand out to local target audiences, other businesses, or give to friends for some great word-of-mouth marketing.
- Print a coupon on your promotional products. Speaking of coupons, why not print information about a coupon or coupon code right on your promotional product? If it lends itself to this with enough room, then this is a great way to make the promotional product useful and memorable. Many people will keep the promotional product to save the coupon. Set up the coupon so that it can be reused and doesn’t expire. Make sure to include the necessary information about the coupon, like a minimum order if you have one as a requirement for using the coupon. If it is a website coupon, make sure that your shopping cart software is set up to accept multiple uses from the same customer and do not enter an expiration date.
Summary and takeaways for your business
Branded gifts are an excellent way to advertise your business because they are kept for a long time and give recipients a positive impression of your brand, increasing the chances they purchase from you. At the same time, it is not an expensive advertising medium compared to other forms of traditional and digital marketing options. The way to choose the best promotional product for you business to make all of these extra promotional efforts work is a three-fold technique:
- Make sure the promotional product you are giving away is useful to the recipient.
- Choose a company that makes quality promotional products since they will reflect your brand even though it is not your product.
- Pick a product that reflects your brand and your business. There is such a large variety of promotional products available now, you can choose one that keeps the focus on your industry and helps recipients remember you.
Most promotional products are kept for at least a year, so that is a great deal of longevity and will have more recall than any ad which is forgotten almost immediately.